is there an option to make a .exe

You need the Application Builder, which costs about $1000 extra or the "Professional Development" version which has the App Builder bundled in. If you search on "labview application build" in the manual, you should find instructions how to do the actual build.

QUOTE (335x @ Apr 4 2009, 10:37 PM)

I'm sorry if this is a lame question or has been ask so many times before but I really need to know, I've like a month experience and no one is teaching me how to use this software… so… is there any option to build a .exe from a .vi ???

Out of curiosity, did you try to search LabVIEW's menus or help and could not find your answer or are you asking before having done this?

ok... i've just get LAbVIEW 8.2 complete version.... [ Hago la aclaración, no es muy original que digamos... es mas, es 100% pirata, pero lo hice con finalidad de poder convertir el .vi en .exe] ... but still...i have troubles building a .exe i guess my real question is... can i make an .exe that allows me run the file with out the need of having LabView? i run the .exe in another computer and shows an error because there's no LabVIEW in that PC.

Anyway, if you know another way of doing this here's the .Vi file... [ojo.. esta en epañol..] it's made with the LV 8.2b23 Evaluation Mode..

If you made an EXE, it needs the LabVIEW run-time engine to run on another computer. You can bundle it with the installer during the build process, or else leave it out and download it from the NI website when you run each installation.

Even microsoft languages need a run-time, but they are usually bundled into Windows itself.

i know i might be a pain in the... well you know... anyway, i was wondering, if i can reinitialize all the input Values in my .Vi using property nodes.... because that way would be easier than just close the .Exe an execute it again... anyway, the question might be which proprety do i have to use? is there any manual :book: ??

by the way.. a .exe = (a dot exe) right?... i actually don't speak in english... anyway... thanks for your patience

QUOTE (335x @ Apr 10 2009, 12:21 AM)

i know i might be a pain in the... well you know... anyway, i was wondering, if i can reinitialize all the input Values in my .Vi using property nodes.... because that way would be easier than just close the .Exe an execute it again... anyway, the question might be which proprety do i have to use? is there any manual :book: ??

by the way.. a .exe = (a dot exe) right?... i actually don't speak in english... anyway... thanks for your patience

Have you tried the Default Values:Reinitialize All To Default method node?

And yes, a .exe = (a dot exe) a.k.a. a Win32 binary executable.

QUOTE (335x @ Apr 9 2009, 11:21 PM)

Yes it is possible and it is generally recommended that your user interface allows there types of operations. This is why the producer/consumer design pattern along with a queued state machine in the consumer is recommended for the control of your user interface. You can explicitly allow the user to reinitialize things to a default or desired configuration. You usually don't need to provide this type of functionality for low level subVIs. However it is definitely a good thing to provide at the higher levels of the application such as the user interface.

• 2 weeks later...

Create a labview project and put your main VI and sub VIs into this. There is an option to build a .exe from within the project environment. It's pretty straightforward this way.

Lightworker

QUOTE (335x @ Apr 5 2009, 04:37 AM)

I'm sorry if this is a lame question or has been ask so many times before but I really need to know, I've like a month experience and no one is teaching me how to use this software… so… is there any option to build a .exe from a .vi ???