App Builder Error 8 using SVN

Hello,

it's my first post in your forum. I hope I will get Answer to my Questions here.

I get Error8 from App Builder, but only if Subversion (SVN) & Tortoise are installed. I posted the problem to NI Forum, and the solution from there didn't solved my problem.

Plese refer to: http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?boar...ssage.id=172537

Does anybody use Subversion & Tortoise as SCC for LV here?

Thanks, Eugen Graf

post-7689-1170757609.png?width=400

I get Error8 from App Builder, but only if Subversion (SVN) & Tortoise are installed. I posted the problem to NI Forum, and the solution from there didn't solved my problem.

Hi,

I've seen the same error but with ClearCase. I get this problem when building applications where the destination directories/files are version controlled (and checked in).

The solution for us has been to check out all destination files, or select a destination folder that is not under source control.

Good luck!

/J

Did you try to change the read-only properties of all source files to r/w? The error indication could be caused by a File Open function with access rights read/write. Source Code Control often sets all source code files read-only until you check them out.

No, all of source files have r/w properties.

Are you sure this only happens with Tortoise installed? The builder is failing on a file that's your vi.lib - you shouldn't have that area under SVN control (think of them as system files that LabVIEW needs to operate - they're really primatives and subVIs that you find (mostly) on your functions palette). Have a look at the file that it's failing on: is that file r/w? Can you post your project and source code so we can have a look at what might be wrong? If not, can you create a small example that demonstrates the error and post that?

I get Error8 from App Builder, but only if Subversion (SVN) & Tortoise are installed....

Hello I had similar problems,

As written in the Error Message, you just have to change the NI-488 DMA Hardware :throwpc: ...

No in fact I think you should try following:

Open your Vi and, press Ctrl + Shift and press the Run Button from your Vi. Save the Vi.

Do the same with all dynamic called vi's.

Try to build your app...

Note:

In the Build Specification window, you have an option (Vorschau in german LabVIEW) If you press "Vorschau erzeugen" or whatever it is in your LabVIEW language version. Then you get eather a detailed error description, or you get a preview of your Exe including used dll etc.

So, thanks for answers.

I hope I found out the problem. TSVN checks all changes in all windows files (recursively) which deals something which version controlled files(incl. Windows Temp Directrory). May happen that TSVN and LV want to open or change the same file simultaneously and here it crashes. To avoid this, change settings in Tortoise options shown on the picture (so set from "standard" to "shell"). I found it out using Filemon Tool, which shows all events in windows (which file on which time was opened, changes and so on).

Regards, Eugen

post-7689-1170771213.png?width=400

So, thanks for answers.

I hope I found out the problem. TSVN checks all changes in all windows files (recursively) which deals something which version controlled files(incl. Windows Temp Directrory). May happen that TSVN and LV want to open or change the same file simultaneously and here it crashes. To avoid this, change settings in Tortoise options shown on the picture (so set from "standard" to "shell"). I found it out using Filemon Tool, which shows all events in windows (which file on which time was opened, changes and so on).

Regards, Eugen

OK, but how do I get to that window in TSVN?

Thanks so much. I've not used much of TSVN -- just Commit and Update really

No worries - SVN is really powerful, and has some neat features - have a wander through the right-click context menu. One of the most important things you can access is the Repo-browser (repository browser), where you can have a good look through your repository(ies).

One of the most important things you can access is the Repo-browser (repository browser), where you can have a good look through your repository(ies).

Actually, you can do a whole lot more than just look, while in the Repo-browser window. You can move (drag and drop) folders/files to other locations in the tree, rename folders/files, delete folders/files, and a whole lot more. Moving and renaming repository folders in this way is significantly easier (fewer steps) than trying to do it in your sandbox (Windows File Explorer) via the SVN right-click options.

[update] one more thing you should be aware of, is that (in the Repo-browser window) you sometimes have to refresh folders (press <F5> with folder selected or right-click on it and select "Refresh") to view their contents.

Actually, you can do a whole lot more than just look, while in the Repo-browser window.

Absolutely! I didn't mean to demean the repo-browser :) Another really neat thing is that when you checkout (the SVN version of checkout, not the VSS version) into a folder from a repository, and then come back later, it'll remember which repository to connect to :thumbup: