About This File
This Labview scripting tool takes a standard VI, and creates a wrapper around it to launch it as a daemon. This is useful for creating inline code modules that need a process to run in the background.Accessible through the tools menu option.
- Daemons will abort when the top level VI is aborted.
- Daemon can be aborted by closing the "Daemon Owner" VI refnum.
- Daemons obey source VI properties such as open front panel when called.
- Host process can be reentrant or standard.
- Tool places created daemon in idential project location.
- Tool will not alter the source VI in any way.
To install this toolkit unzip and run the setup.vi file.
The setup.vi as well as uninstall.vi will run immediately upon opening, so if you wish to inspect the files open the .lvproj file in the /source directory.
It will install the toolkit to whatever version of labview runs the setup.vi file.
uninstall.vi will uninstall the package.
The package has been saved in LabVIEW 8.6, and fully tested in 8.6 & 2010.
What's New in Version 1.0 See changelog
- Front panel no longer duplicates the source VI. Instead controls and indicators are organized neatly.
- If the source VI has an error cluster as an input on its connector pane, the
- daemon will wire a no error case in its block diagram, only running when no
- error is present.
- More documentation in subVIs.
- Names created daemon <sourceviname>_rDaemon.vi.
- Places the daemon in identical project location as source VI.
- Will Relink daemon if it allready exists (you must use default (_rDaemon.vi) naming convention.