Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by SuperS_5

  1. If you want the event structure to be responsive, you must make it the bottleneck in the loop execution. So execution should be mostly waiting for an event, not a millisec timeout. If the wait primitive is required, you will have to fallow what jcarmody has said. Any state that makes the execution wait for any undesired amount of time will cause the UI to be unresponsive.

  2. Hi, I don't use .Net controls, so I could not find a permanent solution. The "contbounds" property node is settable while running and retains the chosen value until the VI finishes execution. Although I must be set every execution, it will at least be the right size while running.

  3. IMO, it's best to open the visa session, then close it at the end of your program....

    Agreed. The existence of the 'Automatically Close VISA Sessions' setting in the IDE has always irked me.

    Thanks for reminding me. I totally agree, but just wanted to quickly spit out an example. (I was rushed, you know how regular work can suck up all of your time)

  4. Hi,

    It seams that you have to use the dynamic registration terminals to get the appropriate events on your event structure. It seams like the Front Panel of the embedded VI is not accessable to windows, or whatever code LV uses in the set cursor primitive. Using this current vi ref like this allows for "localization" ....sort of.


    I hope this is what you wanted. It is very late, and I am seeing doubles.

    • Like 1
  5. I guess I missed that post. I didn't get the "DVR" part. (The first meaning that I think of is Digital Video Recorder, but I know that I am just confused :blink: Past job experience.) I suppose its the same, but I was thinking a simple vi with an unregistered shift register. I would put all of the "real time" data processing code there instead of the x-control. That way the X-control would just pull it out of the "buffer." I guess it wasn't such a light bulb moment after all.:P

    PS. I just realized that I used x-node above, where I meant x-control.

  6. Hi again. I was looking at a some other code, and had a light bulb moment. If you update a stack instead of the x-node, and call the x-node, which reads from that stack, allows more control over the queuing. Of course this means a lot more coding, but at least no memory leak if done correctly. Although I am only guessing, I think the x-node is called by the UI thread. This method, allows for the stack to run in a separate thread, with its own priority. When used in your example, I had no memory leak, while using a free running loop to update the x-node and stack.

    Edit: I forgot to add that you would call the x-node using some other data. I used an empty array, but, theoretically any data could be used. The x-node data-type could even be something totally different.

  7. I looked through this tool. Looks interesting, but very similar to the state-chart module. I tried to use the "Replace - no attributes" method, but, it always failed for me in LV8.6. Replacing to "Replace" and the "Params" disappeared, but everything worked after that. Learning how it parses Dia took some experimented, but, worked great when I got used to it. It is definitely pretty quick, and that is one point against the state-chart module.:thumbup1:

  8. But from 2 days earlier. This problem shows that you can do a lot in 2 days :P

    Some kinda of source control is usefull there. I use SVN, but, it is not the only solution. Commit often, and you don't have to worry about zip files, and which version is which. Even with one developer and one computer, it is worth the effort to learn.

    PS. A corrupted VI is what caused me to take the jump to source control. Saved me, many times over.

  9. Sorry for bringing up a old post, but I couldn't find anything similar, and seamed like a good place.

    I have been seeing some issues with LV2010, when saving->closing->reopening a VI. Sometimes some objects are moved on the BD and/or the FP. It is very hard to trace down because it appears to be random. Sometimes after loading a VI, things are moved. After fixing, and saving, then reloading, most times it is OK, but sometimes it too has moved objects. It gets really annoying when the BD becomes unreadable, or the FP no longer looks nice.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.