Class Type for Wait (ms) node?

kchc

So far, this forum has been an awesome reference for getting me started into scripting. I've started making my first small xnode, and as part of the GenerateCode ability, I need to create my block diagram. I'm trying to place a "Wait (ms)" node, but I'm really not sure what my 'vi object class' is supposed to be for the "Wait (ms)" style. The other example I've seen uses "Format Into String", with the "FormatScanString" object which seems sensible. Also, I'm not clear on how to place the 'vi object style' constant. The drop-down menu doesn't show the private classes, and the tool posted by PJM crashes labview (8.5.1) when I try to open the top-level VI.

I guess two questions come from this:

1) How do I know what vi object class should be used for what sort of node?

2) How can I create the appropriate vi object class constant on my block diagram?

Thanks

QUOTE (kchc @ May 14 2009, 12:31 PM)

1) How do I know what vi object class should be used for what sort of node?
It's type is "Function". There is no more specific class for most primitive nodes. How would you know this? The easiest solution is to drop a node on your block diagram, then open a reference to that diagram, get the reference to the nodes on that diagram and then use the "Class Name" property to find out what the most specific class of the node actually is.

2) How can I create the appropriate vi object class constant on my block diagram?

Use the Create New Object primitive which is not found anywhere in the palettes and is not addable through any ini token magic. You have to find an unpassword protected block diagram somewhere that has that primitive on it and copy it. I think OpenG has some scripting tools that expose this prim.

QUOTE (Aristos Queue @ May 14 2009, 08:34 PM)

Use the Create New Object primitive which is not found anywhere in the palettes and is not addable through any ini token magic. You have to find an unpassword protected block diagram somewhere that has that primitive on it and copy it. I think OpenG has some scripting tools that expose this prim.

If this isn't exposed anywhere, how has it made it into non-NI VI's? Moreover, *why* isn't it exposed? :ninja: