Need help with Global timer

QUOTE (Paul_at_Lowell @ May 16 2009, 12:48 AM)

You might take a look at this topic: http://forums.lavag.org/Newbie-needs-help-with-timer-control-t9395.html&p=37739#entry37739' target="_blank">Timer Control.

There are quite a few suggestions there. My shared-variable base approach using the Elapsed Time express VI has worked well for me. (I've modified the code somewhat since that post.)

Hi,

May i know what DS Write Wrap.vi does, in your timer subvi?

The Third Screen Shot you took, what is the link with the previous 2 images?

Sorry for any inconvenience caused, i am still new to LabVIEW.

Best Regards,

NpLTS

When you say start/stop/reset do you mean if you stop it its actually like a pause? Where if you hit start again it will start where it left off? Here is an example of using a timer to at least reset. I'm sure you can easily modify it to do the other things you need it to. Maybe I am misunderstanding your question but I think this is the simplest way to do it. If you need an example for a timer that can pause, look up the practice CLD exam for a car wash. Their timer in the solution has the ability to pause. Hope this helps. The left is a screenshot of the timer, the right is your program