Can't view member info if not signed in

When I opened the site (directly in the new content page) I saw several hundred pages. I figured that all the old content was probably marked as new and wanted to go to that forum to clear it. I accidentally clicked the LAVA 1.0 member instead of the forum and got an error page telling me I can't view member info if I'm not signed in (at which point I realized I'm not signed in).

You probably want to check all the major functionality to see that it's accessible to people who are not signed in (like downloading attachments, etc.).

This is on purpose.

I don't consider viewing a member's profile something that should be accessible to non-logged in users. This protects your information from casual visitors and Google search crawlers. If people are really interested, they should create an account.

Also, that new content you saw was actually the support threads being created by items appearing in the Code Repository. New content is flagged by date, and since the old content was inserted preserving the original date, it doesn't show up as new.

That sounds reasonable, as long as things like the list of posts or blog posts, etc. is available. I would rather not have to sign in just to be able to browse through those. This isn't a critical issue, but it wasn't needed in the old site and I sometimes used it.

Not sure what you mean exactly. Where was this info located?

In the old version, when you clicked the member's name in any post you got a drop-down which allowed you to either open their profile and from there get to their posts or get to their posts directly.

P.S. The attachment button in the full editor is a bit problematic, as I keep wanting to push it to post. I would suggest adding an icon to it, making the Add Reply button larger and creating another copy of it above the editor, similar to what we had in the old version.

At least for me, that doesn't appear if I'm not logged in. Even if it did, that's not very obvious. A drop down is clearer.

P.S. This comes together with other stuff which isn't as easy to find in the new GUI, such as the new content link or the mark all as read link.

At least for me, that doesn't appear if I'm not logged in. Even if it did, that's not very obvious. A drop down is clearer.

P.S. This comes together with other stuff which isn't as easy to find in the new GUI, such as the new content link or the mark all as read link.

Why would you ever want to log out of LAVA?

I realize it's different, and I appreaciate your feedback. We're not in a position to go editing the forum skin anytime soon. When and if we do, we'll collate all feedback over the next few months and then make decisions based on the information at hand. The important thing is now you know where everything is so you should be good to go. Keep sending us feedback!