Block Diagram cleanup failure

This is a latent cross-post from the NI forums, but I figure that the LAVA readership has a higher density of real experts than the NI site.

In the course of working the Scripting Tools library, I've manged to generate a block diagram that is obviously in need of some cleanup and for which, when I press Ctrl-U, the cleanup tool beeps at me and does nothing else.

Can anyone shed any light on what code constructus might cause the BD cleanup tool to fail like this ?

I've attached a screen shot of the vi in question - if you want to look at the code then just check out the current LAVACR svn repository (8.6.x folder) from http://code.google.com/lavacr

The problem area is the in-place structure between the 2 tunnel property nodes (vi-scripters will recognise this as turning on case insensitive selection in a case structure).

post-3951-124699182404_thumb.png

This is a latent cross-post from the NI forums, but I figure that the LAVA readership has a higher density of real experts than the NI site.

In the course of working the Scripting Tools library, I've manged to generate a block diagram that is obviously in need of some cleanup and for which, when I press Ctrl-U, the cleanup tool beeps at me and does nothing else.

Can anyone shed any light on what code constructus might cause the BD cleanup tool to fail like this ?

I've attached a screen shot of the vi in question - if you want to look at the code then just check out the current LAVACR svn repository (8.6.x folder) from http://code.google.com/lavacr

The problem area is the in-place structure between the 2 tunnel property nodes (vi-scripters will recognise this as turning on case insensitive selection in a case structure).

It could be that the Cleanup Tool does not know the inplace structure. In this particular case the inplace structure is completely useless anyhow. A simple Replace Array Subset will do the same with no performance degradation of any kind I could think of.

Rolf Kalbermatter

It could be that the Cleanup Tool does not know the inplace structure. In this particular case the inplace structure is completely useless anyhow. A simple Replace Array Subset will do the same with no performance degradation of any kind I could think of.

Further playing around suggests that there is some badness creeping into LV's compilation - copying and pasting the main error case structure to a new diagram can let me run the cleanup ok.

You're quite right about the inplaceness structure - it's rapidly becoming my favourite inappropriately used LabVIEW structure :cool: