How to divide long measurment excel file in day by day

hi

does any one know how to divide long measurment excel file in day by day

i have program but the all daye write in one file i need to make it in Separate file and each file take new name for example (d13m5y2009)i mean the real date

plz hlpe me biggrin.gif

thanx

see Attached file my project

project .vi

i have program but the all daye write in one file i need to make it in Separate file and each file take new name for example (d13m5y2009)i mean the real date

plz hlpe me biggrin.gif

thanx

plz hlpe me biggrin.gif

thanx

This shouldn't be too hard to do. By using the combination of "Get Date/Time in Seconds", "Format Date/Time String" or "Seconds to Date/Time" functions in LabVIEW "Time/Dialog" pallet, you can check if a new day starts or not, so that you will close previous file and create a new one until another new day begins. File name can just use the date/time string.

Hope this will help a bit.

Irene

• 3 months later...

I don't have LV9, so I'm assuming your tiff is of the actual block diagram. If so...

Your current code takes temperature data every 200 milliseconds, stores it to an array, and after 5000 samples (~ 17 minutes) writes that data to a file.

If what you want to do is every minute take a sample and then write it to file, you need to wire a 60000 (ms) to the metronome ("Wait until next ms multiple") where the 200 is wired. Then you need to move the file writing code inside of the for/next loop. If you want the data displayed as you go along, you need to move "Temperature Graph" inside the loop, also. Check your delta-x value -- it's not going to be ".25". If you want to wait till the end to write/display, leave those parts outside of the loop, but you still need to use 60000.

Also, check out the file I/O functions. There are a lot newer ones available than you're using.

Cat