More fields in Project Explorer?

Is there any way to add fields (other than just Path) to the Project Explorer? In addition to the obvious additions (e.g. time/date), I would love to see a listing of other parameters, including:

• Debug on?
  • Preferred Execution System?
  • Priority?

Maybe this should go in a Wish List forum?

Gary

Is there any way to add fields (other than just Path) to the Project Explorer? In addition to the obvious additions (e.g. time/date), I would love to see a listing of other parameters, including:

• Debug on?
  • Preferred Execution System?
  • Priority?

Maybe this should go in a Wish List forum?

Gary

These fields could be bad for load performance if they require the project to load the VI to query them. Currently the project doesn't have to load all VIs that it references, though there are exceptions. If load times get any worse, projects won't be usable at all.

These fields could be bad for load performance if they require the project to load the VI to query them. Currently the project doesn't have to load all VIs that it references, though there are exceptions. If load times get any worse, projects won't be usable at all.

Ah, good point...

Only if that information didn't already exist in the project explorer (say, what the status was at last save).

I was thinking the same thing on my drive home. I assume a Project is some type of database-like thing. If fields in that database containing additional information for each member VI are updated as each VI is saved, it would probably not slow things down too much.

I assume a Project is some type of database-like thing.

That depends on what you mean by "database" :) The lvproj file is an XML text file - change the extension to ".xml" (or even ".txt"), open it, and you'll see all the XML tags and thier values.

That depends on what you mean by "database" :) The lvproj file is an XML text file - change the extension to ".xml" (or even ".txt"), open it, and you'll see all the XML tags and thier values.

Oh, is that all it is? I had assumed it was something more complicated than that.