Hi,

I have a main VI Alpha that calls another VI Beta with Open Vi reference, Invoke Node with FP.Open and Invoke Method Run VI.

I have no error if the Vi are not executer but when I create the executer of the main VI Alpha it opens the VI Beta, it shows the front panel but I have the following error:

"The VI is not executable. The full development version of LabView is required to fix the errors".

I have the professional LabView 8.2, I try to create the executer of the Beta VI, or to add the Beta VI property: Run when opened but It doesn't work.

Can you help me, please?

Hi,

I have a main VI Alpha that calls another VI Beta with Open Vi reference, Invoke Node with FP.Open and Invoke Method Run VI.

I have no error if the Vi are not executer but when I create the executer of the main VI Alpha it opens the VI Beta, it shows the front panel but I have the following error:

"The VI is not executable. The full development version of LabView is required to fix the errors".

I have the professional LabView 8.2, I try to create the executer of the Beta VI, or to add the Beta VI property: Run when opened but It doesn't work.

Can you help me, please?

Hi Vane

Take a look at this post and see if anything applies to your case.

If you are still having no luck post an example of your code that duplicates the issue.

Edit

OK I just noticed an older post of yours regarding the same issue

OK, Something clicked with this while I was having my coffee and Vegemite on toast.

I think your problem is that your dynamic vi has dependencies on LabVIEW vi.lib, user.lib or instr.lib. The runtime engine doesn't have the capability to include vi's that are outside the vi's root folder, ie if you call a dynamic then all the depenant vi's and ctls must be in the same folder or they all must sit in a llb.

So what you need to do is in your project create a Build called a Source Distribution for your dynamic vi Beta.vi that will copy all the dependancies to a distribution folder.

I've included an example in 8.2 that demonstrates this.

DynamicCallDemo.zip

Included is the source and a build that demonstrates your issue and one that resolves it.

The demo is dependant on OpenG Lib so included is Packages.vipc use VI Package Manager to install the OpenG Packages you need.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

OK, Something clicked with this while I was having my coffee and Vegemite on toast.

I think your problem is that your dynamic vi has dependencies on LabVIEW vi.lib, user.lib or instr.lib. The runtime engine doesn't have the capability to include vi's that are outside the vi's root folder, ie if you call a dynamic then all the depenant vi's and ctls must be in the same folder or they all must sit in a llb.

So what you need to do is in your project create a Build called a Source Distribution for your dynamic vi Beta.vi that will copy all the dependancies to a distribution folder.

I've included an example in 8.2 that demonstrates this.

DynamicCallDemo.zip

Included is the source and a build that demonstrates your issue and one that resolves it.

The demo is dependant on OpenG Lib so included is Packages.vipc use VI Package Manager to install the OpenG Packages you need.

Hope this helps

Fantastic!!!

I try your solution and it works!!!

Thanks a lot