where did my serpdrv go?

Yes well, i'm trying to build an installation package for my LV7 executable using installshield so I'm collecting the files necessary for this. So far I've noticed that there are merge modules that you can use in installshield. These are the same ones that the LV7 install utility uses during build time. So far, by poking around, i've found that there are several dll's that you can install to give you support for specific hardware. For example:

serial: NiViAsrl.dll

gpib: NiVi488.dll

ethernet: NiViEnet.dll

all need: NiViSv32.dll

This means that when you click the check-box: incude serial support, all that happens is the installer calls the merge module which specifies the dll's required. I just wish all of this was documented better or at least give us the resources to selectivly install support for the required hardware. If i can check-off serial why can't I check-off GPIB? Also, to this day I haven't used the built-in LV install creator. Call me stubborn but I just like the flexibility and power that installshield provides. If only NI would publish information on these merge modules and how to use them.

post-15-1073110356.gif?width=400

blogentry-181-1168121523.gif?width=400

blogentry-181-1168121412.gif?width=400

blogentry-181-1168121423.gif?width=400

So far, by poking around, i've found that there are several dll's that you can install to give you support for specific hardware.

Be careful not to do any "reverse engineering". Its a violation of your software license agreement (Section 3) :roll:

If you are interested, please post your findings to:

OpenG.org:LabVIEW Docs:Application Builder:7.0

-Jim

blogentry-181-1168914191.gif?width=400

blogentry-181-1168915148.gif?width=400

blogentry-181-1168915159.gif?width=400