Extending Virtual Memory

Anyone out there with 4G RAM played around with extending virtual memory so LabVIEW can access it all?

http://zone.ni.com/r...e_lrg_ad_aware/

I *thought* I had boot.ini set up with the /PAE option, but realized since I only have 4G RAM I need to use the /3GB option. So I did that and straaaaange things began to happen.

Sure enough, the code that had been throwing Out of Memory errors was (relatively) fine, however, screen refresh rate was really really sloooow. This was the case even with a fresh restart of LV and nothing open but a blank vi. The first startup of WinXP after I edited boot.ini was kinda odd, too, but it eventually came up, and subsequent reboots seemed okay.

There's nothing in the destructions on NI that mention anything I have to do to LV to get it happy with that configuration. Anyone else have some experience with this?

Cat

For one of the projects I did it for Windows XP, /3GB key. The link on NI website does not mention one of the things: modifying labview.exe (google for IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE) to let it access the whole memory. (I am talking about 7.1.1). Yes, I was able to get more memory than I was used to. However, certain drivers became unstable and had to disable some built-in things on motherboard as well as change add-on cards.

Edited by mzu