New QuickDrop shortcuts not working

I've put a call in to NI already (and an app engineer is also looking into this), but thought I would ask here as well:

For some reason, on my Vista system the new quick drop ctrl+D/t/u shortcuts are not working...

For example, if I click on a subVI (so that it becomes selected), press ctrl+space to launch quickdrop and then press ctrl+d, instead of the desired affect I simply see a letter D appear in the quickdrop string control (with the autocomplete finishing the line as DAQ Assistant).

Any of you guys have any ideas what might be wrong?

Shaun

Are you sure you're running LabVIEW 2009 and not 8.6? :)

Assuming you are in LV 2009, check in [LV]\resource\dialog\quickdrop\plugins. Do you see three VIs there, called d.vi, r.vi, and t.vi? If you do, open them. Do they have a broken run arrow?

Keep me posted,

-D

Assuming you are in LV 2009, check in [LV]\resource\dialog\quickdrop\plugins. Do you see three VIs there, called d.vi, r.vi, and t.vi?

Plugins? So could I create a z.vi, drop it in that directory, and create my own customized hotkey functions?

Yes, the keyboard shortcuts in Quick Drop are a plug-in architecture. Look for a post on my blog soon that describes how to write your own keyboard shortcuts for Quick Drop.

As for Shaun's issue, I'm totally stumped as to why your shortcuts aren't working, short of some strange configuration of your keyboard that is messing with the Ctrl modifier key. With a clean install of LabVIEW 2009 on a Vista machine, I can select an object, then press Ctrl-Space, Ctrl-D, and the controls/indicators are created.

-D

Hey guys,

I have cracked it - fixed the solution and potentially found something that may have been causing the issue...

1. After installing LV 2009, I ran VIPM to put the OpenG stuff into the new version. Doing this, It seemed that not all of the packages were installing properly, so I gave up with the intention of looking further when things are a little quieter in the office.

2. Looking in the QuickDrop folder, I noticed some of the VIs had different dates (which was I thought was a little odd), and more importantly there was a VI called QuickDrop Launch Window - BACKUP.vi

3. I opened the QuickDrop main launch window directly (dropping it as a subvi to avoid the run when launched effect) and tried to view the BD (and couldnt due to password protection). When I couldn't I deleted it and was prompted to save a couple of files... one of which was called Enable VOice COmmand and appeared to be something associated with LV Speak.

4. I put two and two together, removed the QD Launch Window and the Enable VOice Command VIs, and renamed the BACKUP file.

5. QD now works with shortcuts! :-)

• Like 1

Shaun,

I have to apologize that I have not released a new package for the LVSpeak QuickDrop Add-on for LabVIEW 2009.

I have already made the updates necessary to get it to work in 09 (easy) but need to work on making a clean distribution file (harder)

If you still would like to use LVSpeak with QuickDrop before this package is released. Replace that file in your directory with the one attached after doing a backup of the working one.

Your choice.

QuickDrop Launch Window.vi

• Like 1