How can I tune a few control system parameters?

GSR

Dear all,

This question may not related to LabVIEW, but I think I can ask here because the LAVA lounge should allow to talk anything ;) . I am doing a Simulink control system project (See pic). A and B are the input, C is the recorded output data. If the model is prefect, the scope should give a zero reading.

post-14328-125020774086_thumb.jpg

I have 6 parameters that I need to tune. I can use my knowledge of the system to have initial values, but 6 parameters tuning is too difficult for a new babie :wacko: . Does any function in Simulink, Matlab or LabVIEW handle this type of problem??

Thanks

I calculated how Laplace transformate of output signal will look like:

Y(s)=[Kx+KaKb/(Kc+s)]A(s)-[Ky+Kb/(Kc+s)]B(s)-C(s)+Kd

So in time domain somehow modified A signal + somehow modified B signal + some bias has to be equal C signal in order to have 0 output. So as you can see there is no general solution as long as C is not dependent on A and B. If you know something on how A,B,C look like in time (even something very general), some constrains for parameters could be calculated.

Dear all,

This question may not related to LabVIEW, but I think I can ask here because the LAVA lounge should allow to talk anything wink.gif . I am doing a Simulink control system project (See pic). A and B are the input, C is the recorded output data. If the model is prefect, the scope should give a zero reading.

I have 6 parameters that I need to tune. I can use my knowledge of the system to have initial values, but 6 parameters tuning is too difficult for a new babie wacko.gif . Does any function in Simulink, Matlab or LabVIEW handle this type of problem??

Thanks

What quality measure do you want to apply? Zero control error, fast response?

Dear all,

This question may not related to LabVIEW, but I think I can ask here because the LAVA lounge should allow to talk anything ;) . I am doing a Simulink control system project (See pic). A and B are the input, C is the recorded output data. If the model is prefect, the scope should give a zero reading.

I have 6 parameters that I need to tune. I can use my knowledge of the system to have initial values, but 6 parameters tuning is too difficult for a new babie :wacko: . Does any function in Simulink, Matlab or LabVIEW handle this type of problem??

Thanks

Hi ,

I would use the tools I know. 20sim look paerfect for this kind of problem.

It is an expensive software but the good new is the trial version is fully functionnal but you cannnot save.

This soft handle different kind of model BondGraf for exemple .

If you need some info I can give you what I know . Best J

http://www.20sim.com/downloads/downloadform.html

you can download the free software .