Pop-up menus not showing in Camtasia Studio

jcarmody

I've recorded a screencast and was surprised to see that the various menus didn't appear in the final product. Here's the video. Can you help me get this to work?

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim

I gave it a go using Jing and it worked fine.

http://www.screencast.com/users/jgcode/folders/Jing/media/bac74cd6-7641-4e97-9586-dc7a18df2658

Do you have Jing to try?

• Like 1

I've recorded a screencast and was surprised to see that the various menus didn't appear in the final product. Here's the video. Can you help me get this to work?

MenuQuestion.swf

Thanks,

Jim

What version of Camtasia are you using? I'm using V6 and it works just fine for me. No issues. You can also try Jing which is made by the same company. Jing is just a recorder (you can't do editing) but maybe you will get different results.

One more thing, in your Camtasia recorder options try enabling layered window recording.

post-2-125061117035_thumb.png

• Like 1

What version of Camtasia are you using?

I'm using 3.1.2 (they were giving free licenses several months ago).

One more thing, in your Camtasia recorder options try enabling layered window recording.

That did the trick. Thanks.

The software demo's were done primarily with Camtasia Studio. The graphic animation section was done in Powerpoint and captured via Camtasia. I also had to do some Photoshop work on some of the images.

It was this post that got me thinking along these lines, and also emboldened me to post this question in the Lounge. I love this community.

Jim