Passed my CLD exam!

joshxdr

I wanted to express my thanks to everyone on this board who assisted me with preparing for my CLD exam. It helped me a great deal to have advice from experts like you guys.

Now that I have my CLD certification, my next goal is to find paid employment, preferably in the Raleigh-Durham area. I have ten years of experience as a test engineer, and extensive experience building test solutions for electronics. I am open to contract work. My resume and work history is available on LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin....orne/6/102/301.

Josh

• Like 2

I wanted to express my thanks to everyone on this board who assisted me with preparing for my CLD exam. It helped me a great deal to have advice from experts like you guys.

Now that I have my CLD certification, my next goal is to find paid employment, preferably in the Raleigh-Durham area. I have ten years of experience as a test engineer, and extensive experience building test solutions for electronics. I am open to contract work. My resume and work history is available on LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin....orne/6/102/301.

Josh

Congrats! Good luck on the job search.

Josh

Yet another one joins the ranks! Congrats!

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

How long do you wait to get the result??

I waited four weeks, but they were actually done grading it after three weeks. I had a deal set up with the unemployment office to pay for the test (TAA training benefit). No surprise, they did not come through when NI sent them the bill. What was weird is that NI just sat on the results without informing me. I only found out when I called to check up on it.

Congrats ! :thumbup1:

Maybe you can give me some tips ... I'm planning to do the exam.

If you are a typical LAVA member you have a lot more hands-on experience than me, so you probably only need to practice pacing yourself for the test and getting used to the style conventions.

Since my last employer went down like the Titanic, I have been studying on my own and working on volunteer LV projects for about a year, so I am on the "zero-to-hero" track :). I took the LabVIEW Intermediate I class, which is very close to a CLD prep course. This was VERY helpful. Then I spent at least two weeks studying the practice exams backward and forwards. I timed myself at least three times to get used to the pacing. I found that I had to used the quick drop menu heavily in order to finish on time. Hope this helps.