Dial Up Connection In Labview

I am using LabVIEW 7.0 and I have a problem with how to dial up on a VPN connection. In Windows 2000 you can make several dial-up connections that I manually can connect to. These connections have a username/password and are using a modem to connect to the site server. I would like to control these dial-up connections, either directly or indirectly from my data server program, programmed in LabVIEW 7.0. Is there someone who has any experience in have to do this?

I don't have Windows 2000 anymore but I believe that the dial-up connections reference specific configuration files. It's possible, I suspect, to call those configuration files through the LV system exec and in-turn they would make the connection. :unsure: However if a specific file is not available then prehaps you can create a short-cut for the specific connection then call the short-cut.

Probably a better method would be to access the Remote Access Services (RAS) directly through a Windows API call. Go onto the Microsoft MSDN site and see what you can find. You need to call the C:\WINDOWS\system32\rasapi32.dll. The function you need is RasDial:

The RasDial function

Some more research reveals a toolkit that will do RAS dialing in LabVIEW:

RAS-Toolkit LV

Hello Christian

I've done some work with RAS dial up connections and LabView. The easiest way is to use the command line. First you have to create a new RAS item. Then you can initiate a RAS connection with "rasdial 'RAS connection name' 'name@password'", close "rasdial "connectio name" /disconnect.

To check for the connection status i've used the TCP/IP Funktions in LabVIEW (Error Messages).

Or maybe you would use this libs. http://www.lauwers.com/lv.htm i've found.

Greetings

Mario