analog and digital signals

beginner

Hello everyone!

I am a beginner in Labview programming and I have question regarding analog and digital signals. I am going to make a Labview program that control a laboratory device (electrode). This electrode detects oxygen evolution. However, I want to use my Labview interface in order to record the signal and monitor values of the electrode generated signals. The problem is that I have a pc-computer card with a digital output signal (National instruments NI-PCI-6534 (Digital I/O)) whereas the output signal from the electrode is analog. I would like to know if it is possible to convert the analog electrode signal into a digital one? Are there any devises available that convert analog signals into digital signals? Another possibility is of course to use a card that accepts both types of ingoing signals (analog and digital). I wonder if anyone knows if there is such card available that are fairly cheap?

I would be very grateful if someone could give me some tips and advises regarding my signal trouble.

Hello everyone!

I am a beginner in Labview programming and I have question regarding analog and digital signals. I am going to make a Labview program that control a laboratory device (electrode). This electrode detects oxygen evolution. However, I want to use my Labview interface in order to record the signal and monitor values of the electrode generated signals. The problem is that I have a pc-computer card with a digital output signal (National instruments NI-PCI-6534 (Digital I/O)) whereas the output signal from the electrode is analog. I would like to know if it is possible to convert the analog electrode signal into a digital one? Are there any devises available that convert analog signals into digital signals? Another possibility is of course to use a card that accepts both types of ingoing signals (analog and digital). I wonder if anyone knows if there is such card available that are fairly cheap?

I would be very grateful if someone could give me some tips and advises regarding my signal trouble.

I am no electronics guy but I had a sensor this week that outputs e.g. 0-20mV that went through some amp and came out as 5V TTL. Sweet! It was a sensor for speed so the output got converted to pulses (RPM). It was gear from the manufacturer but I am sure you can do this.

Anyways if you are after NI gear the Low Cost M Series DAQ is a great way to go e.g. 6221. If you need to go cheap as there is also USB 6008. Both of these have sibling devices worth checking out too. It depends on your specs (resolution, budget etc...)