New features to code repository coming soon.

I just got a notification from IPB (the makers of the LAVA site script engine) that there is a new version of The downloads script (Code Repository) currently in Beta. There are some new things in there. Here's an excerpt of their announcement which indicates the most usefull features in my opinion:

Presently, IP.Downloads allows you to upload (or link to) a single file and a single screenshot with each record. While generally this works well, many customers need the ability to support more than one file or screenshot for each record. We will be changing how files are stored within the system to accommodate some new features that are not presently possible. These features include:

Use of the flash uploader for file uploads. This will allow for multiple simultaneous file uploads, as well as progress-bar support, when uploading files.

Multiple files per file record. For instance, you might submit "My Home Movie", and then upload "movie.part1", "movie.part2", and "movie.part3" to break your movie into multiple pieces.

Mirror support. Along with multiple physical files, you will be able to submit multiple urls, providing for built in mirror support by linking to copies of the download hosted elsewhere.

Multiple screenshots per record

Thinking beyond the above features, you will be able to use the mirror support functionality for other things as well. For instance, you could submit links to "Related Tools", "Required Files", or "User-Contributed Files". By allowing multiple files and links per record, you will have a lot more control over the grouping of your files and how they are presented to your users.

Having multiple files is great. Now we can have files for various LabVIEW versions or even one zipped *.zip version and a packaged version *.vip.

• Like 2
  • 6 months later...

I just got a notification from IPB (the makers of the LAVA site script engine) that there is a new version of The downloads script (Code Repository) currently in Beta. There are some new things in there. Here's an excerpt of their announcement which indicates the most usefull features in my opinion:

Having multiple files is great. Now we can have files for various LabVIEW versions or even one zipped *.zip version and a packaged version *.vip.

Is this implemented?

If so we might need some more documentation how to do this (or a guideline).

Ton