Code In User Controls?

I guess this should be a wish-list item. As fas I'm aware, this is not possible yet. I guess the closest thing would be to create a sub-vi with the code and feed-in a ctrl reference to the control of interest. Would this work for you? What exactly do you want to do with the custom code that can't already be done with conventional methods?

That's what I've done, but it's irritating. I have to feed in a reference to the picture ring, a reference to a control boolean hidden next to the picture and a reference to the stop button and just launch the thing off to one side.

I wanted an "animated boolean"- static image when false and an animated image when true. Easy enough with a picture ring, but it would have been nice to be able to feed a boolean into a custom control and have a loop in the custom control cycling through the images in the true state.

Always annoying when my memory starts playing tricks.

• 1 month later...
So I guess the ability to add code to custom controls isn't a huge distance away.

Another idea might be to use sub panels for this. Create the control as a subVI with all the code you might feel necessary and allow some sort of communication to the main VI for instance through user registered events or queues. Then whenever you need the control insert it with a simple call into a sub panel control.

Rolf Kalbermatter