Simple Pass/Fail Counter

newLVuser

Hi all,

I'am a new user of LabVIEW, currently it is supposed the application shows a boolean with the result. A LED on the front panel turns ON when it passes the test, and if it fails the test, the led is turned OFF. and I want to add a counter to simply count parts that have passed and failed a test.

Do you guys have an idea in how to do this?

I'll appreciate any help.

Are you familiar with how the Shift Register works? That part is key to keeping track of data from one operation of the loop to the next. Post back if you have trouble.

I am not that familiar with Shift Registers. I have run the running tally.vi program that crelf wrote and it does what I want. But I do not know how to implement it into the application I have.

Please see the attachment...

*The attachment untitled.jpg is the general idea of what I want in my application.

*The test.jpg is the actual test file I use.

-Main Program.vi calls a subvi which is Test.vi

-Test.vi has all the conditions to determine whether the test has passed or failed.

-I want to use that Pass (boolean) variable to trigger the "running tally.vi" everytime the test is finished and count the passes and fails. The quantity of

tests is undetermined.

I hope you can help.

post-16871-126105865093_thumb.jpg

post-16871-126105978212_thumb.jpg

I hope you can help.

Feed the result of your Pass/Fail determination into this.  Now would be a good time to study up on Shift Registers because I've modified crelf's program to use a While Loop with two of them (uninitialized, to boot).  You can make this into a sub VI or put it in line with the rest of your code.  A While Loop  with uninitialized Shift Registers set to run one time is a useful tool, but you need to understand their operation or you'll have trouble with this.

post-7534-126106361646_thumb.png 

Feed the result of your Pass/Fail determination into this. Now would be a good time to study up on Shift Registers because I've modified crelf's program to use a While Loop with two of them (uninitialized, to boot). You can make this into a sub VI or put it in line with the rest of your code. A While Loop with uninitialized Shift Registers set to run one time is a useful tool, but you need to understand their operation or you'll have trouble with this.

post-7534-126106361646_thumb.png

Excellent. I believe this will help me a lot with my application. Thank you very much for following up.