12V DC UPS - like product

crelf

I'm looking at a job that would have a cRIO chassis on a crash test sled that's hurtled into a barrier (pretty standard stuff), but the power supply on the sled will go from 12V DC to 0V DC on barrier impact. I'd like to continue acquiring data for at least 250ms after the power goes to 0V DC, and I was wondering if anyone out there has experience with a UPS/rechargable battery/capacitor network that can deliver 12V DC (not sure about the current - think an 8slot cRIO chassis with 4 modules in it) for at least 250ms and (here's the kicker) is okay with 30g shock in x, y, & z... Surely something like this exists, right?

I'm looking at a job that would have a cRIO chassis on a crash test sled that's hurtled into a barrier (pretty standard stuff), but the power supply on the sled will go from 12V DC to 0V DC on barrier impact. I'd like to continue acquiring data for at least 250ms after the power goes to 0V DC, and I was wondering if anyone out there has experience with a UPS/rechargable battery/capacitor network that can deliver 12V DC (not sure about the current - think an 8slot cRIO chassis with 4 modules in it) for at least 250ms and (here's the kicker) is okay with 30g shock in x, y, & z... Surely something like this exists, right?

Sounds like fun testing to be a part of. cRIO chassis + modules are rated at 30g?

That should be doable, but we ran stand alone test with standard car batteries, don't think they can handle 30 g.

What about a wire connected for the power supply? Like a taser gun? (the fun thing is, according to wikipedia it is not a firearm so you can bear it, but that is another discussion).

Do you know how fast a CRIO will switch from one power input to the other one?

Ton