VBAI - VDM RTE, what's the link?

Say my customer has a Vision Builder AI licence (full featured), he's using it himself to control whatever he fancies and he asks me to develop a LabVIEW application to run on the same computer.

The computer has VBAI installed and activated (so LabVIEW RTE is the computer) but not the LabVIEW development environment.

So I can build an LabVIEW exe and ship it, that works.

Now questions...

Q1 : is there any function from the Vision palette that will not work if used in my exe?

my first assumption : VBAI is there so Vision Acquisition Software RTE (VAS) and Vision Development Module RTE (VDM) are there as well, so answer should be no.

actual answer : Some will work, some will not. And if you want everything to work you need to install (and activate) VDM RTE.

Q2 : am I allowed - as far as NI licences are concerned - to use the few functions from the Vision palette that don't require to add the VDM RTE in the exe I will ship?

the easy way : who cares, use what works and don't tell anyone. :ph34r:

my first assumption : no clue, licence matters are definitely not my cup of tea.

my second assumption : ask different people at NI you'll get different unofficial answers (that means nothing written). This is just an assumption, I haven't tried.

Anyone has a clue?

Edit :

Vision Development Module costs $3599

Vision Development Module RTE costs $419