XControl Causes VI to become Unsaved

shred444

Hi guys,

I've got this issue thats becoming quite annoying. I've got an xcontrol that has a property called 'Get Reference'. This returns the reference of the control within the xcontrol...so i can use some of it's inherited properties (without having to recreate them myself)

It works great. The problem is, it always makes the calling VI unsaved no matter how many times i save it. I've pinpointed it down to the exact event in the facade.vi that's causing it. (see facade.jpg) -attached

If i do not set StateChanged? to TRUE in the Exec Change event, the reference will return 0 and i will get errors when using it in the Calling VI. But if i do set it to true, it causes the VI to become unsaved.

Any ideas as to how i can get around this?

I can also post code if necessary.

post-12653-126417771791_thumb.jpg

There is no need to store the ref each time you switch the run-mode. Just write the ref ones to the state data, there are several ways to achieve this, here's one example:

post-906-1264194874_thumb.png

As a matter of fact you could do this in either of the four "... Change" states since they all get called when the XControl is instantiated.