System controls

Wim

Hi LAVA,

A week ago i swicthed my vista machine to win classic theme and back to vista theme.

Since then, my system controls look like 'XP' controls in stead of 'VISTA'controls.

Can someone help me to restore this ??

Thanks.

Wim

Some extra info: I have LV 8.5.1 and 8.6 on my machine. 8.5.1 is still ok, it's only in 8.6 :frusty:

Edited by Wim

More extra info: in development UI looks messy because of the bad system controls.

But when I build the application, the UI of the exe looks exactly as I want it on a VISTA machine ....

I tried the Repair installation ... it took ages ( 2hours) but no result.

And an extra: LV help in 8.6 doesn't work either and off course on 8.5 it works :throwpc:

Edited by Wim

Yep, tried it.

yesterday evening i had a frontpanel in 8.5 with a nice control on the left side of the screen and one in 8.6 with not nice lo0king control on the right side.

When I switched to winclassic, the 8.5 control switched to classic, 8.6 control remained the same.

Then switched back to Vista theme and 8.5 followed, 8.6 remained the same ....

I was thinking of a reinstall of 8.6 but ... probably it is a registry key that will remain the same after reinstall.

I'm guessing this is the time where I should make a complete backup and reinstall the system ... Weatherforecast gives snow for the weekend so maybe it is a good time to reinstall.