Mysql 5.1 server and MyODBC5.1 Connection Problem

hi all,

I want to access database on one PC(let’s consider A ) from remote PC (let’s consider B ) in LabView. I am using Mysql 5.1 with ODBC 5.1.

On B mysql 5.1 is configured as server while on A it is configured as development machine.

On both A and B, we have checked with command prompt. With command prompt it is working fine but when I tried to make UDL file (to access database in lab view) it is showing error as connection Failed.

And also please let us know setting about how to configure mysql as a server for particular database in “MySQLInstanceConfig.exe””

And similarly for client to access server database.

And guide also for software selection that we are using i.e. Mysql server 5.1 and connector/ODBC

Please send me correct procedure to make server client connection.

pravin

hi all,

I want to access database on one PC(let’s consider A ) from remote PC (let’s consider B ) in LabView. I am using Mysql 5.1 with ODBC 5.1.

On B mysql 5.1 is configured as server while on A it is configured as development machine.

On both A and B, we have checked with command prompt. With command prompt it is working fine but when I tried to make UDL file (to access database in lab view) it is showing error as connection Failed.

And also please let us know setting about how to configure mysql as a server for particular database in “MySQLInstanceConfig.exe””

And similarly for client to access server database.

And guide also for software selection that we are using i.e. Mysql server 5.1 and connector/ODBC

Please send me correct procedure to make server client connection.

pravin

Hi Pravin

Attached is a protocols (how-to) document I wrote for my library on the subject, hope it helps.

LabVIEW - Connect to mySQL.pdf