Closing error window programatically

patufet_99

Hello,

In an application I show the eventual errors via the standard LabVIEW General Error Handler. I would like to be able to close the error window not necessarily with the OK or Continue button but with a digital input signal. How could I do that? Change the OK and Continue values to TRUE via a VI reference does not work as the change is not signaled to the Event Loop of the "Details Display Dialog" vi. The "abort" VI method does not seem to work neither.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

I am using LabVIEW 8.5.1

Don't use the built-in dialog boxes in the General Error Handler. Feed the Code, Source, and Error outputs from the General Error Handler into your own dialog box that exposes methods to close it. We have a timed dialog box that displays the error for a certain amount of time before automatically closing. This gives an operator time to respond to the error without blocking the testing if no operator is present.

Don't use the built-in dialog boxes in the General Error Handler. Feed the Code, Source, and Error outputs from the General Error Handler into your own dialog box that exposes methods to close it. We have a timed dialog box that displays the error for a certain amount of time before automatically closing. This gives an operator time to respond to the error without blocking the testing if no operator is present.

Thank you for your reply. I thought about writing my own Error Handler, but I imagined that there were more straightforward solutions.

Regards.