VI Server: How to get IP of remote caller?

Hello to Everyone.

This is my first post however I'm reader of LAVA for quite long time.

I've searched forum (and few more places) on the problem I have but I haven't found any answer.

I have two computers: A and B.

On computer A I have an application that uses VI Server to call a VI (remote.vi) on computer B. Is there any way to obtain IP of the caller (computer A) inside remote.vi?

Call Chain function in remote.vi returns "remote.vi.ProxyCaller" as a caller of vi, but reference to this VI cannot be opened.

There is method of VI Remote Panel:Client Connections that seems to be exactly what I need but for Remote Panels. I couldn't find anything similar for VI Server calls.

I would appreciate any hint or idea. Thanks.

Edited by j_o

Hello to Everyone.

This is my first post however I'm reader of LAVA for quite long time.

I've searched forum (and few more places) on the problem I have but I haven't found any answer.

I have two computers: A and B.

On computer A I have an application that uses VI Server to call a VI (remote.vi) on computer B. Is there any way to obtain IP of the caller (computer A) inside remote.vi?

Call Chain function in remote.vi returns "remote.vi.ProxyCaller" as a caller of vi, but reference to this VI cannot be opened.

There is method of VI Remote Panel:Client Connections that seems to be exactly what I need but for Remote Panels. I couldn't find anything similar for VI Server calls.

I would appreciate any hint or idea. Thanks.

I really don't think there is. The called VI has conceptually no way of knowing that it is called remotely or not and consequently also no way to retrieve information about its remote caller from anywhere. And the issue is rather arcane as you can very easily design your VI API to include any information you want to pass to the called VI.

Thanks for reply.

The called VI has conceptually no way of knowing that it is called remotely or not and consequently also no way to retrieve information about its remote caller from anywhere.

Actually, after hours of digging I was supposing that answer to my question will be like this, but I needed confirmation.

Thanks again.