If LV was a REAL programming language...

Cat

...it would be able to cure the common cold.

I could use that right now.

Maybe there's something in all that OO stuff I don't know about yet. A "cold" parent class with a "common" child and a "cure" method? I'll check into it when my brain's a little less fuzzy...

A "cold" parent class with a "common" child and a "cure" method? I'll check into it when my brain's a little less fuzzy...

I just finished a week of reverse engineering the cold class. I didn't find a cure method, but I did run across HackingCough, ClogSinuses, and LoseVoice methods among others. It's a nasty bugger--by the time I discovered it its code was deeply integrated in the client app. The entire time it was loaded in memory the Daklu.FeelLikeCrap property was set to true. I would have given my left arm to revert to a previous scc check-in.

Fortunately the cold class appears to have a built-in timeout that self-kills the thread it's running on.

• Like 2

I just finished a week of reverse engineering the cold class. I didn't find a cure method, but I did run across HackingCough, ClogSinuses, and LoseVoice methods among others. It's a nasty bugger--by the time I discovered it its code was deeply integrated in the client app. The entire time it was loaded in memory the Daklu.FeelLikeCrap property was set to true. I would have given my left arm to revert to a previous scc check-in.

Fortunately the cold class appears to have a built-in timeout that self-kills the thread it's running on.

LOL! I'm glad your cold class thread self-terminated.

Unfortunately, I discovered the Cat.SinusInfection and Cat.Bronchitis properties were set to true, also. I am applying the TakeAntibiotics method, but am now also suffering from the Cure.WorseThanTheDisease property.

I had the Mega SinusInfection/Bronchitis Combo last winter. I've never been so sick in my life. Took me weeks to get over that. I feel your pain. sad.gif

I really didn't want to hear it's going to be weeks...

About 4 days into it (last sunday) I had to drive some equipment to a test site for installation - 4 hours away. I had people lined up to call me every half an hour to make sure I was still alive and hadn't passed out and driven off the road.

Cats are awesome...

Aww....!

...with a side of mashed potatoes and coleslaw.

Oh, geez, you should have issued a non-sequitur warning with that post. tongue.gif

Now you're making me think about comfort food. I'm having visions of swimming around in a bowl of macaroni and cheese. Yup, I'm on good drugs!

Cat with Mac & Cheese

See?!?! The internet is good for *everything*!

You really CAN find anything using Google (except in China).

...or can you?

Cat with Mac & Cheese

Ok, now we're having fun!

spaghetti-cat.jpg

Oh dear - I just google image'd "cat guacamole" and this was one of the photos it returned:

Sandwich_FiletMignon_Guacamole_01c.jpg

blink.gif It couldn't be, could it?!?