Failed to lookup debuggable applications or shared libraries

I have an executable (Labview 2009 SP1) deployed on a remote machine, which had debug enabled in the build (I can confirm this from the ini file, which has DebugServerEnabled=True and DebugServerWaitOnLaunch=False).

However, when I try to use "Operate|Debug Application or Shared Library", I type in the IP address, select Refresh and after a short while I get a message "Failed to lookup debuggable applications or shared libraries".

I can (after much frusty.gif ) access the remote application programmatically via the Open Application Reference function (the VI Server & WebServer are enabled as well), so I don't think it is a firewall issue or connectivity issue. However, using a Property Node to look at the Application.DebugName returns "ational" which looks suspiciously like a corrupted value of "National Instruments .... something".

That's as far as I've got .... any ideas on where to look next?

I was trying the same thing with LV 8.6 earlier today. The Failed to Connect message was related to the Windows firewall on the the target machine. I turned the firewall off and have other problems, but that's another story. So, I'd recheck your firewall settings.

Tim

• 1 year later...
I get a message "Failed to lookup debuggable applications or shared libraries".

I had the exact same error message. I solved it by re-building the installer and reinstalling the executable rather than just manually copying the EXE from the build output to the program file DIR.

rgds

Peter Badcock

Product Development

ResMed Ltd