New LabVIEW Books

I am always interested in reading new stuff on LAVA.

Is this what you mean? :shifty:

I've got one LabVIEW book and I can't remember when was the last time I found something in there I didn't know. Books tend to start off with the beginning and well, stop whenever the topics get too particular or advanced. These books are probably as good as any for someone getting started with LabVIEW, but for veterans like you, it seems to me that a book you'd get interested in wouldn't sell much because of the reduced audience. By the time books are published, you'll probably have gotten all the good juicy new stuff from reading LAVA assiduously. :69_69:

Is this what you mean? :shifty:

OMG! I hope I haven't inadvertently disrespected and LAVA'ers, that was not my intention!

I've got one LabVIEW book and I can't remember when was the last time I found something in there I didn't know. Books tend to start off with the beginning and well, stop whenever the topics get too particular or advanced. These books are probably as good as any for someone getting started with LabVIEW, but for veterans like you, it seems to me that a book you'd get interested in wouldn't sell much because of the reduced audience. By the time books are published, you'll probably have gotten all the good juicy new stuff from reading LAVA assiduously. :69_69:

I know what you mean, but I always seems to find some decent nugget in a book/manual - stuff I don't get, have forgotten or never seen.

Plus I like seeing things from other peoples perspective.

Referring to what you stated above, I do know that some of my favourite publishers have tight timescales of <6 months to turn out technical books due to this reason (as opposed to 12+ months a few years back).

So the content is not that old.

But yes I will concur the latest and greatest is LAVA :)

OMG! I hope I haven't inadvertently disrespected and LAVA'ers, that was not my intention!

Dude... I'm feeling like totally disrespected. tongue.gif

"LAVA'ers?" Surely we can come up with a better name for us than that.

Lavers? No, sounds too much like "lovers."

Lavanoids?

Lavatites?

Lavaliers?

Dude... I'm feeling like totally disrespected. tongue.gif

If you want to be, like, totally disrespected check out my vid

I have not managed to go viral like Popcorn Tweets but I think my prize was much better - this was the winning entry for national radio competition and I won a $25K trip to New York last September.

I really should have done something with my hair.

Damn impromptu video!angry.gif

Both books target beginners according to their description. Bishop already has published a book on older LV versions, so propably having a review on one of those would help you judge the 'value' of the new one.

To the more interesting part of this thread:

those that lava are of course Vulcans

Felix

If you want to be, like, totally disrespected check out my vid

Aauuuuugggghhhh... please... make it go away...

(Ironically, women pull it off much better than men.)

$25K trip to New York last September.

What in the world was the competition for?

those that lava are of course Vulcans

Speaking of Vulcans, can you do a mind meld? I have a horrifying image I need removed from my memory.

Aauuuuugggghhhh... please... make it go away...

(Ironically, women pull it off much better than men.)

What in the world was the competition for?

Speaking of Vulcans, can you do a mind meld? I have a horrifying image I need removed from my memory.

The competition was to video "The most amazing thing you can do in 7 seconds" and stick it on youtube.

It was tied in to The Watchmen release and about being a Superhero.

I didn't think that much of the movie, but after winning the prize I thought I should at least watch it, but I feel asleep (and had to rewatch the ending!).

The radio station bought the prize from a global events company so there were people from all around the world in New York for the this event.

We had to Race The Doomsday Clock (which is tied to the movie plot) around New York doing certain tasks to get evidence/clues etc... all tied into the movie.

There were costumed superheros from the movie around New York and we had to find them.

We climbed the Empire State building, rode the subway, had a helicopter flight over the Statue of Liberty, tours through Central Park, etc...

The assigned us a Tour Guide which was great, we got to see a lot in a short time.

I think mine was the most bizarre entry there, other country had artistic competitions, or random-draws :)

We got to meet Dave Gibbons, the author of the graphic novel too.

He did us a drawing and chatted to us.

Dave was really cool and interesting to talk to.

The other cool thing is that the hotel where we were staying (The Empire) was being filmed for Gossip Girl.

So we got to see some of the cast in action.

Yes I do follow that show

I did stop performing mind melds with people that show emoticons. In fact, I restricted myself to only do mind melds with silicon based life forms that run a graphical programming language.

Thinking about this, we really should have some LV-style emoticons available. Laughing-numerical-prim.

Felix