Grow Handles in Xnodes

Well I'm not sure if XNodes can be grown manually, but I do know that the Build Array node is NOT an XNode. It's a native node and is directly implemented in C inside LabVIEW.

The match regular expression node on the string palette is an XNode and is manually growable, so it is possible.

I've not actually done this on any XNode I've written (yet) but the output of the GrowInfo ability vi has settings to mark the XNode as growable etc. I think you will also need to make the Get Terms(3), Bounds, Image abilities aware that the XNode can be resized.

I've not actually done this on any XNode I've written (yet) but the output of the GrowInfo ability vi has settings to mark the XNode as growable etc. I think you will also need to make the Get Terms(3), Bounds, Image abilities aware that the XNode can be resized.

Any idea how that would be accomplished (makeing the bounds, image stuff 'aware'?) I guess i'll have to play with all these settings, i saw the growinfo stuff and changed it in one of the sample xnodes from this site, but it didn't make a difference.

Edit: oh, and how exactly could a polymorphic vi like index array actually have terminals that can grow? That sounds almost like what only an xnode, creating extra code. Hmm, maybe grow handles is something not exposed yet :rolleyes:

Edited by Stardom

Edit: oh, and how exactly could a polymorphic vi like index array actually have terminals that can grow? That sounds almost like what only an xnode, creating extra code. Hmm, maybe grow handles is something not exposed yet :rolleyes:

If this question is how Index Array could do it, it's the same answer as before: This is not an XNode but a native built-in LabVIEW primitive. Using LabVIEW's internal C code, there is nothing that could not be done, but that interface is sadly enough not accessible at all from outside the LabVIEW source code.