Set priority and reentrant run

As already stated in another thread, I'd like to set the priority of the VI from within the application. Since many objects are derived from the same class I use reentrant VIs, but the property node to set priority doesn't agree with Open VI reference "prepare for reentrant run" option.

Can I simply remove the "propare for reentrant run" option and use property node to set Execution.IsReentrant to get the same results?

Thanks, Mike

And to add to the problem, once one instance of the of the VI is running, it is not possible to create another instance of the same VI and set its priority...

Sigh!

As already stated in another thread, I'd like to set the priority of the VI from within the application. Since many objects are derived from the same class I use reentrant VIs, but the property node to set priority doesn't agree with Open VI reference "prepare for reentrant run" option.

Can I simply remove the "propare for reentrant run" option and use property node to set Execution.IsReentrant to get the same results?

Thanks, Mike

And to add to the problem, once one instance of the of the VI is running, it is not possible to create another instance of the same VI and set its priority...

Sigh!

It can be done (including your additional criteria) by saving the vi as a template (vit). You can then open it in edit mode (requirement for changing execution systems and priorities) modify the parms and then run it like this:

However. This is probably not very helpful in the long term since the priority property is "Read Only" in the run-time engine so if you deploy it it will fail:frusty: