Modify acquisition board PCI-6220 to a USB 6210

Hello everyone , I have a doubt and I need help.

I am working in acquisition equipment of tension and current in an electric system.

This equipment uses LabView and acquisition board NI PCI-6220. I likes to know if it is possible to modify the acquistion board, PCI-6220 to a NI USB 6210, whitout modify many blocks or all acquisition blocks?

If it is possible, is very difficult? And how it is done?

thanks in advance

This equipment uses LabView and acquisition board NI PCI-6220. I likes to know if it is possible to modify the acquistion board, PCI-6220 to a NI USB 6210, whitout modify many blocks or all acquisition blocks?

If it is possible, is very difficult? And how it is done?

The wording of your questions is a little confusing. If you mean you want to know if you can take a PCI board and make it a USB board, then it is possible, but you'd be far, far better off just buying the USB variant as you'd be developing your own PCI to USB bridge and software drivers.

If you mean changing the software to use a USB-6220 instead of a PCI-6220, then that's a mere matter of switching the physical channel you're measuring in your software.

Tim

If you mean changing the software to use a USB-6220 instead of a PCI-6220, then that's a mere matter of switching the physical channel you're measuring in your software.

Unless the OP is using some special features of the 6220. Please note the difference between USB-6210 and PCI-6220. This is not just for gimmicks :rolleyes:.

From my experience there are differences in the number of externally available signals, DIO capabilities 24 DIOs against 4 DI and 4 DO, and some internal line routing possibilities between these two devices. If you just use analog input, chances are very high that you only need to select the new device identifier in the DAQmx channel control for the Create Task VIs.

Unless the OP is using some special features of the 6220. Please not the difference between USB-6210 and PCI-6220. This is not just for gimmicks rolleyes.gif.

I missed the difference in number; I thought that USB 6220 was typed instead of 6210. Drat, that little difference could be huge.

Tim