Class VI Icon Template

First, we know that if you create class, you can modify the classes "VI Icon Template" by right clicking that newly created class in the Project Explorer and selecting Properties. We also know, that if you then create any VIs for this class (using right click shortcuts for "VI from Static Dispatch Template", "VI from Dynamic Dispatch Template", VI for Data Member Access... or "VI for Override..."), those VIs take on (or inherit) the common VI Icon Template set earlier. If you then go back and change the VI Icon Template, all of the VIs that inherit this template also will change.

My question is: If I create a VI outside of the class (just any old new VI, and then add that VI to a class, how do I then link that VIs icon to inherit for the VI Icon Template of the class?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks.

Edited by Noxious
I hope this makes sense.
Yes, it makes sense.

In LV 2009, you open the VI template icon, modify it, apply the changes to all the member VIs, then open it again, undo the edit the template and re-apply the changes to all the member VIs.

In LV 2010, you... well, since that's not released, I can't say, but it is easier.