Direct Control/Communication Possible?

An RS-232 option would be acceptable but I really did want to have a completely wireless option.

A little background. I have developed a patient simulator designed to work with a heartlung machine. It consists of a series of reservoir bags, tubing etc. and pressure and flow sensors connected via A/D. A heartlung machine attaches to the simulator and when bypass is initiated, the simulator mimics a patients response. The simulator output is the monitor (1.jpg). Also, running seperately is a VI that the "instructor" is running (2.jpg). This VI is used to keep track and evaluate the "student" running the heart lung machine. This second VI is designed to work on a tablet and uses handwriting recognition to input comments. My plan is to use the "Instructors" VI to change certain controls on the Simulator. Sliders, booleans etc. Both of the computers I used have WiFi but I don't want to use any external network. Thanks for your Help.

Richard

post-5506-127567511053_thumb.jpg

post-5506-127567603188_thumb.jpg

Maybe use a wifi bridge/access point?

You should set up an Ad-hoc network. In windows you can select your Wifi software to only connect to access points (default), change this to Ad-hoc networks.

Note that you don't have a DNS so you need to set your IP addresses yourself.

I think you can use a similar technique for bluetooth.

Ton