Library Password causes NI Application Builder Error (LV2009.SP1)

[cross-posted to NI]

Howdy!

I am having the following issue whereby my build is error-ing out.

It is because I have Library(s) that are Password Protected (note: so are their VIs).

I have to enter the password in order for the build to work.

If the Library is just Locked then there seems to be no issue and the build works.

Has anyone else have this issue?

Should this be happening or is this a bug?

post-10325-046928900 1276653194_thumb.pn

[cross-posted to NI]

Howdy!

I am having the following issue whereby my build is error-ing out.

It is because I have Library(s) that are Password Protected (note: so are their VIs).

I have to enter the password in order for the build to work.

If the Library is just Locked then there seems to be no issue and the build works.

So if I understand you correctly you can make a build, but not an automatic one because you have to enter the password?

If so you should be able to store the password in the LabVIEW cache. However I can understand that these caches are Application Instance aware so are useless since the build is done in a seperate instance.

Ton

So if I understand you correctly you can make a build, but not an automatic one because you have to enter the password?

If so you should be able to store the password in the LabVIEW cache. However I can understand that these caches are Application Instance aware so are useless since the build is done in a seperate instance.

Ton

Hi Ton

Thanks for the reply

Yes, entering the password gets around the error - but more specifically, my question is why do I have to enter the password?

Is seems pointless to have a Password-Protected Library if a developer is forced enter the password at some stage (e.g. to make a build).

That is why I am leaning towards a bug?

What are you thoughts?

Cheers

JG

Could it be something to do with the "remove unused library members" option (or whatever it is called)? Maybe App Builder is trying to modify the library in the build and cannot because it is pwd protected?

Hmmm - good thinking!!

I will have to check this out tomorrow at work.

Although from memory (and thats not that reliable :) ) it just seemed to be one library that was the problem, and other apps have build ok with PP Librarys.

But I will definitely investigate this.

Pain if it is - as my build size might blow out if I have to include unused members.

Cheers