Installer with non LabVIEW files included

I am currently using LabVIEW 2010 Professional Development System and have created executables and installers. I now would like to know if there is a way for the installer tool to setup new directories and put files such as .INI and .LOG files that have already been created during testing so that the application, when first opened, will be able to use these files since their location is already part of the code. Also, would this also work for the Linux version? I have both of these versions and will be installing on both Windows and Linux machines.

If you add the files to your project then you have have the installer place them on the target computer no problem. As for creating directories, I am not sure how to do that if they are empty. New directories with files are auotmatically created by the installer.

jason

I am currently using LabVIEW 2010 Professional Development System and have created executables and installers. I now would like to know if there is a way for the installer tool to setup new directories and put files such as .INI and .LOG files that have already been created during testing so that the application, when first opened, will be able to use these files since their location is already part of the code. Also, would this also work for the Linux version? I have both of these versions and will be installing on both Windows and Linux machines.

I always include a dummy file in the directory I want to create with the installer. That's the only way I've found to create a directory

George

• Like 2