OpenG Builder needs to be able to re-merge VI and compiled code

Now that LV2010 allows you to separate your VI source from the compiled obj code, some issues come up for distributing plug-in VIs.

Currently, I use the OpenG Builder to package my plug-in VIs. (I include the entire hierarchy, namespace them so there are no conflicts and strip off diagrams) I can then call these dynamically from my EXE. But, if I choose to separate the source from the complied code, this will no longer work because the RTE cannot call a VI that has been separated.

So, the solution is the OpenG Builder needs an option to recombine the source and object code when it build the output LLB file.

Separating the source and object code makes a lot of sense for those of us who keep all our VIs in source control. I would prefer to apply this to all my VIs but I cannot as long as I need to build plug-in packages that are not 'compiled' in the normal sense.

If you know where I should post this so it get the attention of those in charge of the OpenG builder, let me know.

-John

Hi John,

officially you should post it at OpenG.org, in the builder feature request forum. However LAVA works as well. I have been working on and off on builder, but it's a very complex program, if you want to help write code please join us!

If you want to help, PM me and Jim Kring in conversation. That way we can discuss the current state and roadmap.

Ton