Property nodes for classes start off as unwirable

mje

I don't want to call this a bug yet because I haven't hammered down how to make this behavior reproducible. But it happens often enough that I thought I'd solicit others to see if they've noticed the same behavior and have any idea on how to trigger it.

The problem: when creating class methods which define a property, the property nodes are often (initially) unusable.

For example, here's a screen shot showing the property definition for a class I'm working on:

post-11742-063820200 1282918006_thumb.pn

And the corresponding VIs, along with a chunk of code trying to use the VIs via a property node.

post-11742-062984800 1282918040_thumb.pn

These are new VIs I've just defined, and are in fact the default VIs you get when you create an accessor VI. Notice how both VIs are executable, however the property node is black: it can not be wired. The blackening of the node is normal if you select a property which you do not have access to, however the code which uses the property is in a VI which is a member of the class, so it will always have access, and besides, the VIs are defined as public since I hadn't gotten around to changing them to a more restrictive scope yet.

What I've been doing when I come across this is forcing the VIs to recompile by switching a terminal on the connector pane of one of the VIs, thus breaking both VIs, then switching the terminal back. Everything works thereafter.

Weird is all I can say. Anyone else been playing this game? Any ideas on what's going on? It doesn't seem to happen all the time...

I should add that the code that uses the property is actually acting on a DVR wire of the class...