PCI driver for unknown PCI card(board)

inkeedo

Hi,

I've got a PCI card without any driver, it is collecting the signals from a rotatory transformer. I need to get in side the card and read the registers in which the data saved. all who use these cards make drivers in Q-nix OS, I've Xp and for my application I need to make a driver by LabView.

How can I make it? who can know the address of the PCI slot? how can I read from the PCI the data from the registers in the card!!!!?

I hope to help me!!!!

all my regards,

Manufacturer? Model? Type?

this is the only info about this board and its sensor!

all by russian lang! and this is my model!! "АЦПВТ-14П-О2К"

http://www.rtkt.ru/components/datchiki.html

I know it is not easy to read! but can you help me to know how to get the PCI slot address and to read from it all the registers, PS. I've the address of the registers!! for that i ask how to make a program that read from the PCI slot an other data !! how to make a code by which i can in there!!? and after that how can i define other addresses from this one!!!(which are on the board)?

all my regards!

this is the only info about this board and its sensor!

all by russian lang! and this is my model!! "АЦПВТ-14П-О2К"

http://www.rtkt.ru/c...s/datchiki.html

I know it is not easy to read! but can you help me to know how to get the PCI slot address and to read from it all the registers, PS. I've the address of the registers!! for that i ask how to make a program that read from the PCI slot an other data !! how to make a code by which i can in there!!? and after that how can i define other addresses from this one!!!(which are on the board)?

all my regards!

They have an English version (top right of the page) but a quick search didn't revel anything and without going through their entire catalogue.......

You can find the memory location and slot information from device manager. But that probably won't help much since under windows (you are using windows?) direct memory access to memory mapped IO is not possible without "Kernel Mode" drivers so it probably isn't even recognised. But I would be very surprised if it was memory mapped. You sure its not an ISA card?

Edited by ShaunR

They have an English version (top right of the page) but a quick search didn't revel anything and without going through their entire catalogue.......

You can find the memory location and slot information from device manager. But that probably won't help much since under windows (you are using windows?) direct memory access to memory mapped IO is not possible without "Kernel Mode" drivers so it probably isn't even recognised. But I would be very surprised if it was memory mapped. You sure its not an ISA card?

Yes I know that there is an English ver. but no results!!=)

actually I'm not sure if it is ISA or not. but I plug it on the PCI slot!

ok, I'll read the doc and translate it for you!

I know that I have to make a DLL file by which tha labview can read the slot! but how to make it, really I do not have any idea!!

soon 'll send to you all the info-s for this board!

all my regards!

Yes I know that there is an English ver. but no results!!=)

actually I'm not sure if it is ISA or not. but I plug it on the PCI slot!

ok, I'll read the doc and translate it for you!

I know that I have to make a DLL file by which tha labview can read the slot! but how to make it, really I do not have any idea!!

soon 'll send to you all the info-s for this board!

all my regards!

Can't you use an equivelent card that is beter supported?

Can't you use an equivelent card that is beter supported?

actually no, I have to make it just with this card!!!

I do not know how to describe it, but it is an usual PCI card I plug it on the 1st slot of the main-board.

I read, about like these interfaces, I've to make a dll file by C-lang. and import it by labview, but I do not know how to make a C program or any code which read the PCI slot and get from it data!

I hope that u can understand me=)

for an example if i have a PCI-card with out a cd driver, how can I get from it any data by labview!!!! ????

all my regards!