Data transmission to Mysql server with labview

Hello everyone,

I've started using labview 8.5 recently for a really important project of my academic year. I need some advices on some issues as I'm not familiar with the software. I would like to ask if there is anyway to send health parameters (eg, pulse rate and blood pressure) taken with labview to a web server run by mysql. I'll describe a scenario of my project below.

Scenario:

A patient takes a reading of his blood pressure at his home with the labview software. Upon doing so, the data is sent to a webserver run by mysql for the doctor to check if there is any abnormality in the patient's blood pressure.

Do let me know if there is anyway to do such data transmission with labview. All help and advices are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

A patient takes a reading of his blood pressure at his home with the labview software. Upon doing so, the data is sent to a webserver run by mysql for the doctor to check if there is any abnormality in the patient's blood pressure.

If you want to send the data to a web server most likely all you need is to send the right command/request using HTTP. LV 2010 includes HTTP client VIs. For some earlier versions of LV there are VIs available on ni.com.

You might look into the LabVIEW Database Connectivity Toolkit, though you may not have a license for it. You can use the evaluation version to see if it fits your use case. Additionally, there has been some code written specifically for MySQL that works well, albeit much slower than the toolkit.

We have used the toolkit extensively with MySQL and it works very well.