Related between Sensor, Data Acquisition & LabVIEW.

Hello there...

Actually i doing a thesis about "Automated Car Parking System by using LabVIEW" ..

i have to design a system the can controlled a car in and out, counting and then will know have many parking left,

to make a driver feel convenient..

I have facing a problem to know how LabVIEW can detect physical system like sensor. and through the sensor can be a counter to counting a car in car park./

Hopefully, anyone which have a knowledge can share with me...shifty.gif

Thank you..

Hello there...

Actually i doing a thesis about "Automated Car Parking System by using LabVIEW" ..

i have to design a system the can controlled a car in and out, counting and then will know have many parking left,

to make a driver feel convenient..

I have facing a problem to know how LabVIEW can detect physical system like sensor. and through the sensor can be a counter to counting a car in car park./

Hopefully, anyone which have a knowledge can share with me...shifty.gif

Thank you..

Labview is designed for interfacing to sensors.

What is your budget?

How much time do you have?

Can you build simple or complex electronic kits?

Can you program micro controllers?

Can you use a multi-meter?

Don't be frightened by the questions. I'm just trying to get an idea of your skills.

I would try to keep it simple. You can easily detect entry and exit of the parking lot with any switch type sensor. This means you need a digital input (on off) sensing device.

If you make some assumptions that all vehicles enter and exit through dedicated entrance and exit paths then probably two sensing devices would be required.

The rest is only software.

Do you have to manage the payment system as well; or just tracking parking space availability?