list of steps (subsequences) in a sequence

jcarmody

I have a "sandbox" sequence that I use to test my products and develop new tests; it contains all of the sequences that I use for production as well as utility sequences and whatever is in development. I currently use it by skipping every step except the ones I'm working on, but I'd like to generate a list of steps at the beginning of the execution that will allow me to select which steps to run. I figure on making a boolean array and using Preconditions to decide whether or not to run a step. I've written something similar, but it depends on a static list of steps. I want something to dynamically adapt to the ever-changing sandbox sequence.

How can I get a list of steps from a VI called at the beginning of the sequence? I've looked at the OI examples and nothing jumps out at me.

Thanks

Take a look at Sequence.GetNumSteps() and Sequence.GetStep(). We use this code in an OI to pull out all the steps in the Main StepGroup to do almost exactly what you're trying. The preconditions are overkill; You can use Step.SetRunModeEx() directly once you get the Step object. If you want to do this in a VI, generate a default action VI and use the SequenceContext object that gets passed in.

• Like 1

PS: this is the UI that abso was talking about. (it's part of our internal TestStand API reuse package, so it's not available for public use, but it might inspire and idea on what to do):

post-181-038491300 1287679853_thumb.gif

This exercise gave me the opportunity to find this TestStand patch that fixed TestStand crashing whenever I tried to use my new VI. I probably ignored a message about it during installation.

This is a really important post that I don't think should be glossed over. For those not in the know, this patch refers to using LabVIEW 2010 with TestStand. Be fore-warned, and prepared!