NI RT execution trace toolkit and firewall.

GuillaumeII

Hi,

I tried launching the RT execution trace toolkit and been ask to add the NI service locator to the exclusion list of my computer's firewall.

It appears that for LV 2010, the NI service locator is included within the SystemWebserver.exe located here:C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\NI WebServer.

I added the SystemWebserver.exe in the exclusion list of the firewall but i still get the message asking to add the NI service locator to the exclusion list of my computer's firewall when lauching the execution trace tool.

Any hint?

I'm Using Labview 2010 under Win7.

Regards,

Guillaume

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I tried launching the RT execution trace toolkit and been ask to add the NI service locator to the exclusion list of my computer's firewall.

It appears that for LV 2010, the NI service locator is included within the SystemWebserver.exe located here:C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\NI WebServer.

I added the SystemWebserver.exe in the exclusion list of the firewall but i still get the message asking to add the NI service locator to the exclusion list of my computer's firewall when lauching the execution trace tool.

Any hint?

Regards,

Guillaume

I remember having the exact same problem, but I don't remember what I did to fix it.. have you tried just ignoring the warning and trying to work with it anyway? Maybe a reboot?

Neville.

Hi,

Any hint?

Regards,

Guillaume

I remember getting this message (and reported it to NI in January, and they created CAR# 283235 on it), but the RTETT worked in any case.

I have learned since that:

1) The Windows (7) Firewall won't let things through even if it is turned off (or maybe the default is not to allow data through).

2) When using a wireless connection, I have run into problems (different problems, I think) when I didn't set the type of the network (Public, Work) to the correct value.

Paul