Run .vi with own button?

No, I don't think it is possible to get events from an idle vi such as a "RUN" command button.

:2cents: That being said, I think there is a general belief that you should not use the Run button for a deployed VI. Instead, the top level vi should run when opened (right click icon on top right of vi, select vi properties, then select the Execution category and click the "Run when opened" box.

No, I don't think it is possible to get events from an idle vi such as a "RUN" command button. 

:2cents: That being said, I think there is a general belief that you should not use the Run button for a deployed VI.  Instead, the top level vi should run when opened (right click icon on top right of vi, select vi properties, then select the Execution category and click the "Run when opened" box.

1385[/snapback]

Hmmm, ok, I open my .exe file and then it run. But now my radio button is selected by default. I would be better if you must run the .exe manually. Or is it possible to deselect the default value and no radio button is activated?

Hmmm, ok, I open my .exe file and then it run. But now my radio button is selected by default. I would be better if you must run the .exe manually. Or is it possible to deselect the default value and no radio button is activated?

1389[/snapback]

When you create an exe file, LV automatically sets your main toplevel VI to run automatically. What radio button are you talking about?

1389[/snapback]

What said Michael Aivaliotis is true, but also for Radio Buttons you could use Property Node and set last properties: AllowNoSelection = TRUE

regards

Mikrobi

• 1 year later...
Hello,

is there a possibility to create an own "run" button for a .vi like a stop button? Or is the only way to run the .vi with this arrow at the top?

:lightbulb:

Put everything into the second box of a sequence structure and a while loop into the first. Your run button can stop the first box and you will move to you app.

I found some other solutions on:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?boar...ssage.id=122684