LabVIEW 10.0 Crash

I was busy to program a program that reads from UDP CAN messages.

When I hitted the run button, LabVIEW crashed.

I had the error: "LabVIEW 10.0 Development System werkt niet meer" (English: "LabVIEW 10.0 Development System doesn't work anymore".)

LabVIEW 10 coudn't find a solution for this, so it quitted.

I restarted LabVIEW and opened my VI and the same error occurred.

I can still open everything and my project in LabVIEW, but not my VI.

I tried on another PC and it still doesn't work.

Luckely I have backup, but how to avoid for a next time this problem.

Has somebody experience with this problem?

*Sorry if I putted this topic in wrong section.

Michael ten Den

Hi, I am only guessing, but, there may be a driver problem. (Some dll call is doing bad things.) If you can reliably recreate the error, I would duplicate your project, and start stripping out everything bit by bit, only stopping when there is no problem anymore. This would allow you to isolate the problem, and probably have enough missing that you could even post it here.

Hi, I am only guessing, but, there may be a driver problem. (Some dll call is doing bad things.) If you can reliably recreate the error, I would duplicate your project, and start stripping out everything bit by bit, only stopping when there is no problem anymore. This would allow you to isolate the problem, and probably have enough missing that you could even post it here.

You mean that it can be a problem in one of my subVI's? Because my main program, where the error occured, no longer works and opens.

Michael ten Den

You mean that it can be a problem in one of my subVI's? Because my main program, where the error occured, no longer works and opens.

Michael ten Den

That would be why you would want to try to isolate the offending code. "Something not working" is hard to debug, "This thing is not working" is usually fixable.

Michael ten Den

If the VI already crashes when it is opened then something has been corrupted. It could be one of the subVIs it uses or the actual VI itself. Corruptions while not very common do happen and the only way to deal with them is by backing up your work regularly.

If the VI crashes as soon as you start it, then it may be calling some invalid method, or into a driver which has gotten corrupted. In the driver case reinstalling the driver software might help.

Thank you rolfk,

The VI already crashes when it is opened. I store all my SubVI's in a project. So I expect it would not be a incorrupted subVI, but I don't know that. So I'm going to try some stuff with it.

Lucky I had a backup. But from 2 days earlier. This problem shows that you can do a lot in 2 days :P

If the VI already crashes when it is opened then something has been corrupted. It could be one of the subVIs it uses or the actual VI itself. Corruptions while not very common do happen and the only way to deal with them is by backing up your work regularly.

If the VI crashes as soon as you start it, then it may be calling some invalid method, or into a driver which has gotten corrupted. In the driver case reinstalling the driver software might help.

But from 2 days earlier. This problem shows that you can do a lot in 2 days :P

Some kinda of source control is usefull there. I use SVN, but, it is not the only solution. Commit often, and you don't have to worry about zip files, and which version is which. Even with one developer and one computer, it is worth the effort to learn.

PS. A corrupted VI is what caused me to take the jump to source control. Saved me, many times over.

Edited by SuperS_5