Vi published access from Android

Hi all, I new in this forum. First of all, thanks for all whom do this forums possible, is a great source of information for new users in Labview, I hope be 100% proactive in this forums in the shortest period of time.

This is my question:

I publicate a vi in a web server with publishing tool. I use IE everything is fine after install the plugin.

If I use Firefox or Google Chrome, i install runtime manually, but it doesn´t works. I need some help with this.

Another thing is if is possible to take control of a published vi from an Android tablet, I thing is possible to use Google chrome with Android

Thanks in advance

I don't know about using a RFP in FF or Chrome, since I haven't done it in years, but there's no reason to expect it will work on Android - to control the VI you need the LV RTE, which does not exist for Android. You should be able to see if you set the RFP to snap mode (since that only sends an image), but not if you want to control it.

Of course, programs like VNC should allow you full control of the entire computer.

Thanks alot for your response. So I can use VNC in android to control remotely a windows PC,is it ok?

Kind Regards

I don't know about using a RFP in FF or Chrome, since I haven't done it in years, but there's no reason to expect it will work on Android - to control the VI you need the LV RTE, which does not exist for Android. You should be able to see if you set the RFP to snap mode (since that only sends an image), but not if you want to control it.

Of course, programs like VNC should allow you full control of the entire computer.

Thanks Yair, I have tested the vnc for android with android emulator, it works perfectly.

Thanks again

I never used Android, but I'm assuming there's a version of VNC (or other remote control programs) which is compatible with both it and Windows. You just need to decide whether you want to allow access to your entire desktop.