Moving Decorations with controls

Select all of the controls and the decoration, then on the "ReOrder" tab, select "GROUP"

1501[/snapback]

James,

Thanks for the Reply, but this is what I meant. I have some controls that vary in boundaries. I have enclosed a seperate set of controls & indicators into a decoration. My question is how can I move all that stuff at runtime? I can group everything with clusters but that just requires alot of changes to the rest of the code I have. So, if this is possible it will definite save alot of time :yes:

Thanx,

Vince

James,

Thanks for the Reply, but this is what I meant.  I have some controls that vary in boundaries.  I have enclosed a seperate set of controls & indicators into a decoration.  My question is how can I move all that stuff at runtime?  I can group everything with clusters but that just requires alot of changes to the rest of the code I have.  So, if this is possible it will definite save alot of time :yes:

Thanx,

Vince

1503[/snapback]

Customize one of the controls to include the decoration within. The decoraratin will move with the control.

Customize one of the controls to include the decoration within. The decoraratin will move with the control.

1505[/snapback]

jpdrolet,

Okay, here's where I stand. I attempted to incorporate many controls and indicators into a decoration, but failed to do so. I should have know that I cannot customize more than one control at a time. :headbang: Maybe there is a way around it, but I have not work enough with customizing controls to do so. Any ideas?

vince

jpdrolet,

Okay, here's where I stand.  I attempted to incorporate many controls and indicators into a decoration, but failed to do so.  I should have know that I cannot customize more than one control at a time.  :headbang:  Maybe there is a way around it, but I have not work enough with customizing controls to do so.  Any ideas?

vince

1508[/snapback]

I mean to customize a single control so it includes the decoration. Then the decoration will follow when the control is moved. See attachment

Download File:post-447-1092956037.vi

Why not make a cluster of your controls and move the cluster. You can also include the decorations. I currently don't have LabView installed at home, so I can't send an example but if this still bugs you next week, send me email and I'll make and send you an example. :beer:

Why not make a cluster of your controls and move the cluster. You can also include the decorations. I currently don't have LabView installed at home, so I can't send an example but if this still bugs you next week, send me email and I'll make and send you an example. :beer:

1517[/snapback]

Your right that works great. :thumbup: The only problem is that I am fixing up some code. If I change the clusters I would have to change alot of other stuff. I prefer not to do that. :nono: I guess it would just be easier to write a routine that would take care of that, it would be helpful later on anyhow. :yes:

:beer:

vince